Churches Burned in France’s Riots
5th Night. 31 oct-01 novembre. Mon-Tues
– La Teste-de-Buch (33260 Gironde). Cemetery desecrated.
10th Night. 05-06 novembre. Sat-Sun
– Li�vin (62800 Pas-de-Calais). Church. Incendiary device. Door.
12th Night. 07-08 novembre. Mon-Tues
– Strasbourg (67000 Bas-Rhin). St. Beno�t (St. Benedict) Church. Incendiary devices. [Le Figaro – 10 nov 2005.]
15th Night. 10-11 novembre Thurs-Fri
– Houdain (62150 Pas-De-Calais). Polish Chapel. Church ransacked. (see letter by Patrick Bednarek, president of Poland)
– Rance (Belgium). St. Aldegonde Church. Church vandalized.
16th Night. 11-12 novembre. Fri-Sat
– Vesoul ( 70000 Haute-Sa�ne). Church. Door burnt.
17th Night. 12-13 novembre. Sat-Sun
– Brignoles (83170 Var). Church. Door burnt.
18th Night. 13-14 novembre.
– Nanteuil-l�s-Meaux (77100 Seine et Marne). Cemetery desecrated.
19th Night. 14-15 novembre.
– Draveil (91210 Essone) 2 chapels burnt? in the evangelical church in des Bergeries.
20e Nuit 15-16 novembre. Mardi-Mercredi
– Romans-sur-Is�re (26100 Dr�me). St. Jean-d�Ars Church. Arson.
All links inside the quotes are my own; they aren’t Mr. Corvus’ responsibility. And I’m just linking to the pictures. (I don’t read French, see, and I suspect that forum site may not be a nice one.) Also, this article says that it was the “presbyt�re” (rectory?) of l’Ile de Thau that got burned. Here’s a statement from Chirac about the church burned in Romans-sur-Is�re, which apparently got a big reaction. Here’s a small picture. The evangelical church in Draveil is apparently a member of the Assemblies of God.
This site has a letter to the President of France about the whole thing, as well as various other comments abou the whole Muslim violence situation from Indonesia to France. Which is sorta interesting, given that it’s apparently on the official site for the Arras diocese in France. If somebody reads French or Babelfish better than I, please translate!
Finally, somebody did burn a French mosque this week. I condemn this act too.